Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Twilight Saga, who do you think you are?

Seriously, what makes you think that the final installment of your soul-crushing, IQ-dropping book series deserves to be split into two parts?

This summer we saw the conclusion of one of the most beloved book series ever to grace the worlds of literature and cinema. “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2” broke box office records as well as the hearts of many fans as they saw their childhood end in one fell swoop. That movie deserved to be split into two parts.

This final Twilight movie does not.

The details of that last Harry Potter book were so many and so intricate that in order for them to do the book justice they had to break the movie up into two parts.

When I heard that “Breaking Dawn,” the fourth and, thankfully, final installment was going to broken up into two movies, I was furious, to say the least.

Let me preface this by saying that I have indeed read all of the books and seen all of the movies thus far. I’m ashamed to admit that, believe me. I was Team Edward all the way. When I finished “Breaking Dawn,” I was supremely disappointed. Stephenie Meyer built up this epic battle where it seemed like no one was going to survive, but then NOTHING happened. There was no battle, no fighting and no one died. Pathetic. At least J.K. Rowling had the balls to kill off some of my favorite characters.

I can sum up this last book in less than a hundred words. The ONLY reason why they are making “Breaking Dawn” into two movies is because the Harry Potter franchise did it, and they think it will be a great way to squeeze more money out of those idiotic Twi-hards. It’s not going to work, Twilight production goons. This sick and twisted love story will never be as universally beloved as Harry Potter, and you should stop trying.

This is one former fan that refuses to give you another cent. I leave you with this quote from Stephen King:

"Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend.”

Look at your life. Look at your choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment