Monday, August 29, 2011

Who's That Coming Down the Track?

IT'S THE MEAN MACHINE IN RED AND RED!

No, that's not how it goes, but that's how it will go come Saturday at the Georgia Dome.

When the players suit up to play the Boise State Broncos, they won't don the familiar silver britches with their red jerseys and red helmets. Instead, the helmets will be mostly silver, and everything else will be red.

Don't get me wrong, I bleed red and black with the rest of the bulldog nation (note: red and black). I just don't think anything besides the color red (which is not unique to UGA) and the "G" logo on the side of the helmet show that Nike was thinking about Georgia's rich football history when designing these uniforms as part of their Pro Combat Series.

I was very excited to see what Nike would give us ever since I heard my beloved bulldogs would wear a  Pro Combat uniform for the first game. Sadly, the result didn't live up to my anticipation.

The jersey is boring, but at least the sleeves are black. I figured the pants might have some streak of silver, black, or white; the classic red, white, black stripe on the side; the bulldog head logo; "GEORGIA;" or even the arch.

Nope. Just a lot of red.

I'll spread the red with some drunk, obnoxious Georgia fans, Nike. It happens to be my favorite color. I just hope the bulldogs play better than they'll look.

No comments:

Post a Comment